Austria has not become a popular European destination just for its beautiful scenery and mountain climate: thousands of patients from all over the world head here every year for quality medical care. There are specialized clinics with different specialties and multidisciplinary centers that employ highly qualified specialists boasting extensive experience. The Austrian state authorities closely monitor the work of medical institutions and invest a lot of money in health care development; that is why Austrian doctors are among the leaders in diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
When it comes to children, it is all about special care: little ones require a special approach and a different choice of medicine as many are contraindicated because of a child’s age. Here are the most common children’s illnesses treated abroad:
- Cancer pathologies—malignant and benign neoplasms.
- Congenital heart defects and other cardiovascular problems.
- Nervous system diseases: epilepsy, developmental delay, infantile cerebral palsy.
- Diabetes—specialists carry out diagnostics, prescribe therapy for the disease and develop a rehabilitation course to prevent complications.
- Genetic diseases.
Austrian doctors are all about a holistic approach: they rely on the state-of-the-art therapeutic methods and do not hesitate to get related specialists involved.
The cost of treating children in Austrian clinics varies: it depends on the institution, the disease and the age of the child, the amount of diagnosis and treatment, so it is always calculated individually. You get what you pay for: the country is on a par with leading European countries in the field of medicine.
Patients and their parents who have sought help say only good things about Austrian treatment, and no wonder why:
- The clinics employ exclusively highly qualified specialists, best in their field as they upgrade their skills continuously and keep up to date with the latest medical research and developments.
- Doctors employ state-of-the-art treatment methods that are highly effective and safe for the young patient’s body.
- Personalized diagnosis and treatment program;
- Comfort is key—enjoy modern interior and wards equipped with everything you need.
- Polite and friendly nursing staff.
- You get your money’s worth regardless of the type of hospital, be it public or private.
- A beautiful mountain climate with clean air, beautiful scenery, basically everything you need to combine medical tourism and vacation.
Often, hospitals help parents with children requiring complex surgery (e.g. for epilepsy or leukemia). In Austria, all surgeons have considerable experience, with a lot of complex cases behind them; they tend to use invasive methods as their last resort, opting for minimally invasive surgery and robotic technology. A child can recover pretty quickly after that.
Children’s Clinics in Austria
Here are the most popular clinics in Austria that provide pediatric care:
- Vienna General Hospital—every patient can get all the care they need here. The hospital in the Austrian capital has a great reputation for its state-of-the-art technology and high level of medical care.
- Döbling Private Hospital is regarded as one of the best medical centers in Austria for a reason. It features a special children’s health center providing a full range of pediatric services.
- Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Spital is a major medical institution located in the Austrian capital. A large pediatric neurosurgery department is located here, so it often treats patients with epilepsy and other neurological conditions.
- Rudolfinerhaus Private Hospital is equipped with modern facilities for the quick and high-quality diagnosis and treatment of children’s pathologies.
All large medical centers have an interpreter on staff, so there is no language barrier between a doctor and a patient. When choosing a clinic for treatment, the diagnosis should be the starting point: you choose specialist centers in a particular field of medicine. Children require a special approach and doctors are always mindful of this, making the parents’ and patients’ experience at the clinic as comfortable and smooth as possible.