- 1958 – foundation year
- 12 000 patients per annum
- 300 beds
- 47 specialists
Loewenstein is the largest rehabilitation center, returning Israelis and foreign patients to everyday life: 56% brain injuries, 80% post-traumatic syndrome, and 92% stroke.
Having at its disposal modern medical rehabilitation methods, this rehabilitation center is engaged in the recovery of patients after suffering a severe disease, including:
- cerebral palsy;
- brain and spinal cord damage;
- spine, limbs injuries;
- wounds deriving from military conflicts and terrorist attacks;
- post-traumatic stress syndrome.
The clinic has the following profile departments:
- two neurological departments;
- brain and spine injuriClinic’sic’s achievements
Unique diagnostic and rehabilitation techniques:
- LOTCA is a special technique developed directly at Loewenstein, allowing a comprehensive assessment of patient’s condition;
- ReWalk is a wearable robotic exoskeleton that provides powered hip and knee motion to enable individuals with spinal cord injury to stand upright, walk, turn, and climb and descend stairs;
- Lokomat is a high-tech device that retrains the brain to move the limbs again and overcomes their spasticity through movement;
- Medi Touch is a unique software developed by Israeli specialists, helping people with inaccurate movements get used to performing everyday tasks and becoming more independent.
These and other modern equipment and well-equipped rooms allow highly qualified medical personnel to achieve the main goal – full recovery of their patients.
The hospital is accredited by the Israel Medical Association for the probation and training of specialists in physical therapy and rehabilitation. Students practice here, rehabilitators improve their skills, organize specialized training and thematic seminars to be aware of the latest methods, and exchange experiences.
Loewenstein is considered the only one of its kind, a leading specialized center having no equal in Europe, accepting patients from all over the world.
- Innovative approaches to treating patients using modern medical devices allow most patients to return to everyday life.
- Drawing up individual programs using the latest medical advances, making it possible to recover after severe injuries and traumas.
- Passing a standard course of treatment in almost all medical fields. Opportunity to undergo rehabilitation therapy and physiotherapy in a reasonably short time.
- Comfortable rooms, high level of service, translation services.
- Khagay Amir is the director of the Loewenstein Rehabilitation Medical Center in Israel and the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- Amiram Katz is a Neurology Specialist having over 46 years of experience in the medical field, specializing in spinal injuries and spinal cord lesions.
- Sharon Shakrai is the head of the pediatric department.
- Elena Aidinov is the head of the rehabilitation intensive care unit.